Windows Tablets?
  • Our CAD consortium is looking at a dispatch system that doesn't support iOS, only Windows & Windows tablets.  Are there any plans for a native app that would run on a Windows Surface Pro?

Thanks,
    Chad

• http://community.active911.com/discussion/142/windows-phone#Item_19

Note: The beta will be a Windows Store App that supports Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 8 Tablet devices. x86 is planned to arrive after these two devices.

So to answer your question, if its Windows 8 - and has access to a Windows Store App, it will soon be starting Beta. The x86 application (those who do not have access to a Windows Store App) Will be the next step. IE: Windows 7, etc.
  • I saw that the beta for the windows 8.1 phone went out today. Any idea when the tablet app beta will be released?
  • Jason, We are working on the tablet specific view at the moment. The beta version should be released soon within the next few weeks weeks. If you have signed up for the beta program, we will send you an email update once the beta is ready.

You can sign up for the beta program here.
  • I am currently working with some dual boot Windows/Android tablets.

Since the device has both OS versions...currently the only way to run either the Windows or Android versions is to setup 2 different devices. Would there be a way to have the same device registered with both Windows and Android and be able to use either one on the same device?

I know this is a unique setup...but I see these dual boot tablets becoming very popular.
  • Randy, there is not a way to share one device code between two different operating system platforms. It is important for your device code to be linked to your operating system because, that determines how we notify you of pages. An android device is notified over GCM, an iOS device is notified via APNS, and Windows devices will be notified with WNS.
  • It was estimated a 'few weeks' away, for the Windows 8 Tablet Beta back on April 6th above. 

Any new ETA on Windows 8 Tablet Beta's Store app for Active911? 
  • We are currently working on the tablet. Since the tablet shares most of its code with the phone version, most of the work is done. We are working on setting up the views for the tablet version in a way that fits a Microsoft style while also presenting the Active911 app as productive as possible on tablet. What we have learned so far is that this isn't a simple reskin of the phone app, and that we need to give some special attention to the feel of the tablet version.

I don't have an updated estimate now, but I will try to keep you informed as things progress.
  • Ty for that quick update!

• If you need anyone to beta test a Windows app, I volunteer.   

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 running Windows 8.1 Pro x64 that I could test with. 
    I also have a Windows 10 laptop. At the moment its just the technical release but I will have the full retail version a soon as its released due to where I work.  

• Thanks for volunteering! Please contact our support and they will walk you through getting signed up for beta testing.

If you have a Windows Phone, you can begin testing as soon as you are signed up. We are currently working on the Windows 8/10 tablet app and will update everyone who has signed up for beta testing when it is ready.
  • Any word on release for this yet? 
  • Not as of yet. It is currently being developed and we will keep you updated.
  • Any update on PC version of Active911?  I have PC tablets and by the end of the year either have to get Android or Apple tables since our current mapping program is expiring.  I would love to be able to put Active911 on the current tablets instead of purchasing 5 new devices....   PC versions coming soon????
  • We are willing to beta test.  Our apparatus have PC tablets because our SCBA software for monitoring air status only runs on PC.  I can't have two tablets on the rigs.....

Update or timeline on PC version?

Thank you.

• We are nearing the point that we can release the first iteration of the PC version to beta testers.  Should be in the hands of our beta testers within the next few weeks.
  • I would like to beta test if at all possible.
  • The Windows tablet beta is available now. This is separate from the Windows PC beta, which will be available soon. The Windows tablet beta will only work with Windows tablets that are using the Windows 10 operating system. For more information about how to become a beta tester, please follow the link below:

If you have further questions, I recommend contacting support directly by sending an email to support@active911.com, or giving us a call. We are open 7am to 4pm PST Monday-Friday with an hour lunch from 11:30 to 12:30. At your convenience you can give us a call at (541) 223-7992.