New Zealand SMS not being received
  • Hi, does the SMS feature work ok in New Zealand? None of our phones set up with either Cell/SMS or Smartphone/SMS receive messages. The app users do receive them fine.

Thanks, Andy
  • I think we might need to tweak something to get it working right in NZ.  NZ users are supposed to get SMS via a UK number (the US number does not send to NZ).

Can you please email us at support@active911.com with your account name and device code?  Have them send the ticket to me (Joseph) if they have any problems.
  • I can confirm that this is still the case and that SMS is not received in New Zealand.

This forum thread http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?topicid=80270 seems to conclude that it is only when an international carrier tries to appear as a New Zealand cell phone number that it will be blocked.

At the very least if Active911 staff contacted the three mobile carriers they may be able to make a case for exception.

This is the ONLY thing preventing me from taking Active911 to my brigade.  There are quite a few 'seasoned' firefighters that only have 'dumb' phones, so SMS is a must have for us.

• NZFS already offer sms. A request just needs to go through your area telecommunications person